Sick of your cleanser drying out your skin? New formulations promise to look after your skin barrier, keep hydration intact and wash away the day’s dirt.
Cleansing is one of the most important steps in your skincare routine, and although you don’t have to spend big (it’s completely up to you), there’s nothing worse than a cleanser that dries out your complexion, leaving your skin feeling tight, dry and uncomfortable.
Luckily, they’re not all moisturise-sucking. We’ve rounded up nine new gel, oil, milk, cream and foam cleansers that promise not to dehydrate skin, but instead gently wipe away makeup and pollutants while infusing skin with nourishing and balancing ingredients.
Like what you see? Sign up to our bodyandsoul.com.au newsletter to read more stories like this.
More than just a cleanser, this guy removes makeup and grime, gently exfoliates, detoxifies and tones in one single step. Formulated with Moringa seed oil to neutralise the effects of pollution and orange extract to tone and revive sallow skin.
Made for acne-prone skin types, this gentle gel cleanser contains lactic acid for mild resurfacing as well as glycerine for hydration – no stripping included.
This rich oily number transforms with water into a milky emulsion. Not only does it effectively cleanse skin without stripping hydration levels, it leaves your complexion soft, smooth and radiant, too.
Made from one single ingredient – Soapberry extract, a potent and organic fruit that naturally creates a light foam. It promises not to strip skin or disturb the protective barrier.
Formulated with up to 99% natural ingredients, with the other 1% created synthetically for stability and skin safety. Hero ingredient aloe vera helps skin stay hydrated moisturised for 24 hours.
Time-poor? Look no further than a no-rinse formulation. Powered by prebiotic inulin and kombucha, this cleansing treatment feeds the skin’s microbiota for a healthy balance and a dose of extra protection against free radicals.
Launching on April 6, it’s ideal for sensitive and sensitised skin types. Sweet almond oil nourishes, cornflower water soothes and antioxidant protect from damage and dehydration. Looking at the numbers, it’s made from 97% natural-origin ingredients, 100% vegan and bottled in 100% recycled plastic.
A luxe, silky oil cleanser packed with full-spectrum skin-boosting antioxidants, nutrients, and vitamins. Made from 100% natural ingredients, this pH-balancing drop works to nourish and hydrate as it cleans.
Formulated with organic cannabis sativa seed oil and green tea extract, this cleanser focuses on blemish-prone skin and clogged pores.
All products featured in this article are selected by our editors, who don’t play favourites. If you buy something, we may get a cut of the sale.